Call Scott for a Free 15-Minute Consultation 203-952-6442
What is an Advanced SEO Audit?
A thorough SEO Audit includes an evaluation of all SEO Components.
What are the components of SEO? In no order of priority, SEO Components include the site’s Domain Authority, current rankings, the Domain Authority and ranking of all competitors, current keyword usage, current on-page optimization including the correct placement of keywords in page content, meta tags, alt tags, URLs, the quality and quantity of external links and linkable assets on the site, the use of structured markup to create rich snippets in search results, Local SEO and keyword research.
A correct SEO audit would fall short if it did not also ask the critical questions that pertain to an SEO Strategy:
- What does your company create that solves the searcher’s questions or problems?
- Who is your most important searcher?
- What does your best prospect search for?
- What does he/she need to excel at her job?
- What is the expertise you hold that, if found, would be very much appreciated?
- What is the unique value you provide that no one else does?
- What is your blogging strategy?
- How are you 10-times better than the closest competitor?
- Who’s going to amplify your message and why will they do it?
- What is your process for turning visitors from search (or elsewhere) into customers?
- How do you expose what you do that provides value in a way that engines can easily crawl, index, understand and show it off?
Ultimately, an SEO Audit will determine the priorities needed to maximize web visibility, web traffic, organic rankings, and search result placements. Our assessment will present a recommendation for new pages, keywords, and future blog posts as well as a proposal of what must be done in order to lead the rankings on the most relevant and competitive keywords in your niche and target market.
Why is an SEO Audit Beneficial?
Search Engine Optimization is exclusively about what is needed to maximize the visibility of all pages and blog posts of a domain in order to increase relevant traffic that will convert and achieve the goals of the website (phone calls, email opt-ins, eCommerce sales, downloads, or other forms of engagement). An SEO audit is a report that can help accomplish these objectives.
Most website owners do not know if their website is maximizing their traffic in search results. Some websites were built with a complete disregard for SEO and are achieving a very small percentage of what is available to them.
The SEO Audit can be summarized as a grade A – F, or a percentage of optimization 0-100. It can tell the business owner if the website is hitting on all of the eight SEO components and what, if anything, is missing or underperforming and why.
The days of the old perception that SEO can be tricked or is unnecessary have given way to a known list of best-practices in all eight components agreed to by the industry’s most authoritative leaders including Google, Bing, Moz, and many others.
Using any number of analytic tools, the results of all SEO improvements can be tracked and measured over time and can provide a business owner with an accurate return on his/her investment.
Here is an SEO Case Study created by The Executive SEO that compares critical organic metrics before and after a major, eight-month project of on-page optimizations. The ROI speaks for itself.
What Can Be Uncovered With an SEO Audit?
A comprehensive audit will uncover the details that are most pertinent to achieving high rankings on the most relevant keywords/phrases in your business niche. It will identify the reasons why the website is not ranking highly on the ideal search terms and will present to the web owner closely-related and potentially highly relevant keywords that are not currently bringing traffic to the site.
The audit can identify and prioritize the biggest culprits and uncover errors and missing opportunities in the most critical components of SEO such as:
- On-page errors – incorrect formatting, missing title tags, etc.
- Missing highly relevant keywords
- Competitive ranking analysis and comparison
- Current Ranking Analysis – Locally, Regionally or Nationally
- Domain and Page Authority metrics compared to top competitors
- Missing Local SEO category inclusions
- Mobile compliance and the use of Accelerated Mobile Pages, Meta Viewport and Responsive Web Design
- External link analysis compared to top competitors
- Missing Schema or microformats/structured data for Rich Snippets to appear in the search results
- Identifying what’s needed to really improve rankings
- The need for greater Content Marketing to increase external links through public relations, reaching out to high-authority industry bloggers or the creation of a Linkable Assets Library
Additionally, an audit can uncover technical errors that, to a lesser degree, impact SEO such as:
- Crawl status & errors
- URL, Meta Title Tag, Meta Description Tag and Alt Tag errors, duplicates or needed improvements
- Duplicate content issues
- Duplicate Title Tags
- Too many on-page links
- Incorrect meta robots tags such as noindex, follow and noodp
- Load speed time
- Text/HTML ratio
- Use of Flash
- Use of The Open Graph and Twitter Cards
- Presence of an XML Sitemap
- Presence of a robots.txt file
- Presence of a Doctype
- Declaring character/language encoding
- Presence of Google Analytics
- Presence of a Favicon that reflects your brand
To discuss this or to schedule a thorough SEO Audit, please call Scott Pierson at 203-952-6442.